Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Work in Progress, Thank You, Jesus

Walking on the beach one morning, I started picking up the very smooth stones.  Then there are some I noticed that are in the process of becoming smooth. 

Here is my "stone" story.   I am God's workmanship, a work in progress.

The first stone I found represents me before I met Jesus as my "Savior".  The stone was all dark representing sin in my life and separated from God. It is very rough stone with small holes.  Not pretty!!!

The CROSS represents when I asked Jesus to come into my heart and be my "Savior".  I became His stone.  He took that stone and began His work.

This stone is white representing that I was washed clean, "as white as snow".    My sins were forgiven.  This stone still showed small holes all over.  He is working on me!

Each stone I found after this represented a continued work in progress.  They were becoming smoother.  One stone showed traces of black representing sin.  I will still sin but the difference now is I can take it to Jesus and repent and ask for His forgiveness.  He forgives and wipes the sin away.  Other stones will show great smoothness but will still be flawed.  Still a work in progress.

The perfect stone???  When Jesus comes for His bride, the church.  He is the Perfecter.

written by Arlene Miner
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment