Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 26, 2012

If Only I Could Hold His Hand

If only I could hold His hand.

Many miles He walked.
He never grumbled or complained,
But went about His Father's work.
I wanted to run to Him and take His hand.
People followed so many followers!
How would I ever be able to hold His hand?
He was in such great demand.
Oh, if I could only hold His hand.

Here He comes!
His eyes fixed on mine.
Before me He stands with outstretched hands and says,
Come, hold my hand, walk with Me, and be by My side.
By His side I walked and held His hand.
Many were drawn to Him and asked
Who is this man?
My heart full of joy, I could say,
This is Jesus!  His name is Jesus!

Crucify Him! Crucify Him!
What is happening?
I could not see.
Who do they want to Crucify?
I saw many who followed as I
But they were angry and yelling
Crucify Him!
I need to see! I must get through!

My eyes filled with tears
And pain in my heart.
I knelt down and wept.
This could not be!
This is Jesus! This is Jesus! I shouted.
No one could hear.
I cried and whispered,
If only I could hold His hand.

The opposition and ridicule that came;
How would He bear?
They took Him away!
Jesus. How could this be?

They nailed Him to a tree.
What my eyes saw I could not believe.
They have beaten and bruised Him.
Blood spilled from His body.
My pain too great,
I remembered the time I held His hand.
Questions in my mind,
I gazed upon His face.
With love and compassion,
He whispered,  I love you.
Oh, Jesus if only I could hold Your hand.

They took Him from that tree
And laid Him in a tomb.
My heart broken,
Tears continue to flow.
The wrong that was done!

Wonderful news!
He arose and conquered death!
Going to the tomb
I had to see!
Inside I found
Hope, joy and peace because
He is alive!

Jesus, if only I can hold Your hand.


written by Arlene Miner
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment