Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 24, 2012

Peace in the Storm

I sit and watch Him sleep.
I just want to be near.
Everything is calm, such a beautiful day.
The sun so warm, the sky so blue.
I hear the lapping at the boats brow and the flopping of the sails in the wind.
The breeze warm, I lean back and enjoy the moment.
A smile on my face I can't help but notice how peaceful He sleeps.
I love being so near!

All of a sudden a storm, only moments before so quiet, so peaceful.
The sails are fastly changed, the winds disturbingly high.
The sky becomes dark, the winds increasingly stronger, the boat tossed to and fro.
What will I do? Becoming afraid, I start to run as I see may others do.
Frantic now, I turn to see Jesus - I see Him sleeping - sleeping peacefully.
Then I decided to stay and soon I felt the peacefulness, tranquility - just being near and watching Him sleep.
This is where I want to stay!!!

The storm grew worse, the winds harder.
My fear subsided but soon they were coming to wake Him, asking what to do.
They were terrified and so afraid.
Urgently they said we're going to drown.
He walked to the brow of the boat and I ever so close.
He stretched out His arms to the sea and the wind - they ceased and there came a calm.
They marveled at His power over the sea and wind.

I stood close to Him and I too marveled!
He turned to me, smiled and took my hand and said to me
"The peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
Will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus."
Close to Him in storms of life,
I want to always remember where I want to be.
I love being so near!

written by Arlene Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment