Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 24, 2012

What God Did With Me

Lord, keep me ever mindful that You are always near.
Uphold me with Your righteous right hand.
Hold me in Your loving arms, never let me go.
Jesus I love You so! Your love never fails.
Comfort I find in Your unconditional love.

There was a time Lord when I turned away.
Sin entered in.
Satan snarled me and led me astray.
He came with lies and deceit, deceiving me with more and more lies.
Soon I believed my Lord Jesus left me.
He could not love me!
Weighed down with guilt and shame, I made wrong choices.
My mind was confused but did not know why.

Worldly joy is what I found.
I remembered the joy and peace I once had.
I was blinded by the enemy's lies.
Oh, the bondage and sinful wrongs committed.
The person I had become!
Rationalizing had become my way of life.
I believed I was without hope.

My eyes were opened.
The blinders were gone.
Jesus came and rescued me.
This wayward soul returned to Him,
Repenting and confessing that I sinned.
My compassionate Father told me as He did the Prodigal son,
My son (daughter) was dead and is alive again,
And was lost and is found.

How I must have hurt Him and others along the way.
I am grateful for His forgiveness and
Unconditional love He has for me.
The enemy runs as the Father's love flows in.
Joy and peace is restored within.
You never left me when I turned from you.
I am grateful dear Jesus for saving my soul.

Lord, I pray for the "wayward soul".
May You reveal Your love in a very special way.
May this "wayward soul" know
The love, compassion and forgiveness
You give and never forsaking.

written by Arlene Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment