Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 28, 2011

That Moment in Time

It was impressed upon me at an early age while at church camp, the awesomeness and greatness of the Almighty God.  This was the first as a child that I remember His presence.

The setting was so perfect.  With an early sunrise, we walked to a nearby lake.  Everything was so quiet except for the birds singing their beautiful songs.  Our counselor had devotions and we sang "This Is My Father's World".  Singing this song, impressed upon me that He is the Almighty God.  He is the creator and that God created the world and everything in it.  He was there in our presence!  That moment in time has always been a remarkable experience for me.  However, it wasn't until years later that I asked Jesus into my heart.

Even today when I sing this song, it speaks to my heart and 'declares the Makers praise'
written by Arlene Miner


"THIS IS MY FATHER'S WORLD"
This is my Father's world,
and to my listening ears, all nature sings,
and round me rings, the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world, I rest me in the thought
of rocks and trees, of skies and seas -
His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world,
The birds their carols raise, the morning light,
the lily white, declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world, He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me ev-'ry-where.

This is my Father's world,
O let me ne'er forget, that though the wrong
seems oft so strong, God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world, The battle is not done,
Jesus who died shall be satisfied, And earth and heav'n be one.  Amen
-Maltbie D. Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment